Packed into an easy walk of less than a mile, this photo workshop will cover some of the most iconic parts of Lower Manhattan, including
- Battery Park, with its sweeping views of New York Harbor, Governors Island, and Statue of Liberty
- City Pier A, known as "Liberty Gateway," the last surviving historic pier in NYC
- Lower Broadway - The "Canyon of Heroes" presents serious photo opportunities, like the great buildings that line Broadway, and whimsical photo ops, like the Charging Bull and the Fearless Girl.
- A bit of Wall Street, including Federal Hall, the New York Stock Exchange, and more. Not to mention the classic view of Trinity Church through the narrow canyon of Wall Street. Who knew finance was so photogenic!?
- The "Oculus" (WTC Transportation Hub) by Santiago Calatrava goes beyond architecture to true art. We will photograph it both from the outside and inside.
- The World Trade Center memorial plaza, including the inverted fountains. The fountains feature sheets of water cascading 30 feet down into twin reflecting pools set in the footprints of the Twin Towers. These manmade waterfalls have a scale that is unmatched.
I’m limiting the number of people who can attend, so that I can spend time with each of you to help with anything you need in getting really compelling images of the sites that we visit along the way. That can range from basic photo or camera help to assistance with composition and advanced techniques.
Also, as an added value, you'll be able to send me your photos (or links to them) from this workshop for evaluation and feedback. I'll make comments and suggestions, and in many cases, do some photo editing on your photos to demonstrate how to make a good image even better.
You'll be sure to end up with some great images, both color and black & white, that you'll be proud to hang on your wall.
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL! Register by May 25, 2018, and take advantage of $20 off the regular price!