Here's a unique photo opportunity you don't want to miss... an all-night photo exploration of the City That Never Sleeps with Steve Rosenbach, award-winning photographer and NYC maven!
I've limited this workshop to eight participants so that I can spend one-on-one time with each of you to make sure you get the best possible photos and best learning experience from this event. I'll whisk you from one location to the other using New York City's efficient and extensive subway system, and the cost of all of the fares is included in your registration fee!
We'll assemble at 5:15pm, and after a short orientation, we'll begin our all-night adventure. I'll take you to several of the best nighttime photo locations in New York City, including:
- Lower Manhattan skyline and the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges from Brooklyn Bridge Park
- World Trade Center area, including the dramatic new Transportation Hub ("The Oculus")
- Washington Square Park, with its iconic arch, looking up Fifth Avenue
- Grand Central Terminal: We'll shoot the interior, its exterior, and its iconic surroundings
- Metropolitan Museum of Art - the new lighting design really shows off this Beaux Arts beauty at night
- Times Square in all its neon glory, but without the crowds!
Having photographically conquered night in New York City, we'll take our last subway ride to Penn Station and have a celebratory breakfast at one of the city's best 24-hour diners, where those who have traveled to NYC for this workshop can rest until it's time for their train, bus, or other ride home.
What You Will Learn
- How to properly use your digital camera to make the best use of your camera’s and lens’ features
- How to take advantage of "live view" in combination with your tripod to get outstanding nighttime photos
- How to deal with lighting extremes by taking multiple photos of your subject (HDR photography.)
- Hands-on instruction and critique of images and their composition while they are being taken, so that you can make corrections on the spot
In addition, if you need help with post-processing your images back home after the workshop, I'll provide email support at no extra charge.
The registration fee includes the the workshop and all instruction, plus a NYC MetroCard with sufficient fares to cover the workshop from start to end. Transportation to NYC and meals are not included.