Here's a unique photo opportunity you don't want to miss... a full six hours at three of the Big Apple's best photography locations, one-on-one instruction, local stories and history, all with Steve Rosenbach, award-winning photographer and NYC maven!
NOTE! Scroll down all the way to combine this workshop with the later "NYC After Sundown" event for a seamless 15-hour experience at a special, combined price!.
I've limited this workshop to eight participants so that I can spend one-on-one time with each of you to make sure you get the best possible photos and best learning experience from this event. I'll whisk you from one location to the other using New York City's efficient and extensive subway system, and the cost of all of the fares is included in your registration fee!
We'll assemble at 12:30 pm, and after a short orientation, we'll begin our photo adventure. I'll take you to three of the best photo locations in New York City, including:
- Madison Square Park, a beautiful urban oasis near the crossroads of 5th Avenue and Broadway, bordered by the Flatiron Building, the Metropolitan Life Tower, and several other iconic buildings
- Manhattans's Civic Center neighborhood, adjacent to the Brooklyn Bridge, featuring City Hall, the Municipal Building, the Woolworth Building, City Hall Park, and other photo-worthy sites.
- Lower Manhattan skyline and the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges from Brooklyn Bridge Park
What You Will Learn
- How to properly use your digital camera to make the best use of your camera’s and lens’ features
- How to take advantage of "live view" in combination with your tripod to get outstanding nighttime photos
- How to deal with lighting extremes by taking multiple photos of your subject (HDR photography.)
- Hands-on instruction and critique of images and their composition while they are being taken, so that you can make corrections on the spot
In addition, if you need help with post-processing your images back home after the workshop, I'll provide email support at no extra charge.
The registration fee includes the the workshop and all instruction, plus a NYC MetroCard with sufficient fares to cover the workshop from start to end. Transportation to NYC and meals are not included. The actual start location will be near Penn Station in Manhattan; you will get detailed instructions by email during the week before this event.