The focus of this workshop is to photograph the amazing interiors of the Peabody Library and the Baltimore Basilica. Weather permitting, we will also photograph outdoors in the small parks surrounding Baltimore’s Washington Monument in the Mount Vernon neighborhood.
More than a tour, this an architectural photography workshop, led by TWO professional photographers who know all the best angles for picture taking in each venue and who will cover topics including:
• How to properly use your digital camera on a tripod to make the best use of your camera’s and lens’ features (it’s different than back in the film days!)
• How to take great architectural photos indoors
• How to do a custom white balance to adjust for the mix of daylight and artificial lighting
• How to deal with indoor lighting extremes by taking multiple photos on tripod (HDR photography.)
• Hands-on instruction and critique of images and their composition while they are being taken, so that you can make corrections immediately
• Weather permitting, we will also demonstrate and have you practice outdoor portraiture in the beautiful surroundings at Mount Vernon.
The first highlight of this workshop is to photograph the interior of the Peabody Library (1878) one of the most beautiful in the world, described as a “cathedral of books.”
We’ll also photograph the interior of the nearby Baltimore Basilica, the first cathedral built in the United States (1821,) and a designated national shrine. The Basilica was designed by Benjamin Henry Latrobe, the first professionally-trained architect of our new republic, and Thomas Jefferson’s Architect of the U.S. Capitol. We’ll photograph in the main sanctuary as well as the more dimly-lit undercroft.
Weather permitting, we’ll photograph the Monument, the parks and their unique marble and bronze sculptures, and the surrounding buildings in the Mount Vernon neighborhood.
This workshop is for ALL skill levels, including beginners - Steve and Fred will show you everything you need to know to make compelling images at these sites.
Save $20 with our Early Bird Special!
Register by March 6, 2019, and pay only $109 instead of the regular price of $129.
Your workshop leaders include TWO professional photographers: Steve Rosenbach, and Fred Silber. Steve, who specializes in “cityscapes,” has been a photographer since the Jurassic Age and a popular photo instructor and workshop leader since 2009. Fred has over 47 years experience as a wedding and portrait photographer, and more recently as a fine art photographer. He is a master of light and color.