Book By June 1st To Get The Special Early Bird Price!
In the first decade of the twentieth century, one young, beautiful woman became America's first supermodel.
Every sculptor wanted to sculpt her. Every painter wanted to paint her. She even appeard in some of the earliest Hollywood movies... nude!
Her fame and acclaim lasted for only 15 years, and then it all suddenly collapsed. At age thrity-one, she tried to commit suicide, and at forty, she was committed to a mental institution, where she lived for the next sixty-five years.
In Manhattan, almost 100 years after her career ended, Audrey Munson is everywhere, from the southern tip of the island all the way to Columbia University near 116th Street. New Yorkers and tourists alike pass her by and even eat lunch under her gaze without knowing her amazing story.
Come join me as I take you to photograph at each of Audrey's outdoor locations in Manhattan. I'll fill you in on her remarkable story as well as the details of each individual work of art. More than a tour, this an urban photography workshop, where I'll show you the best angles for picture taking at each venue and will cover topics including:
• How to properly use your digital camera to make the best use of your camera’s and lens’ features
• How to take compelling photos of outdoor sculpture
• How to do a custom white balance
• How to deal with lighting extremes by taking multiple photos of your subject (HDR photography.)
• Hands-on instruction and critique of images and their composition while they are being taken, so that you can make corrections on the spot
This workshop is limited to 8 participants, so that I will be able to give each participant the individual help he or she needs.
In addition, if you need help with post-processing your images back home after the workshop, I'll provide email support at no extra charge.
We'll be using the subway system to minimize walking between locations, and the cost of these trips is included in the price of this workshop.
We'll start at 11am, have lunch* around 1pm in Chinatown, and finish between 6 and 7pm.
NOTE: Special early-bird price if you register by June 1st, 2018!
* price of the workshop includes all subway fares, but not lunch.